Building a fully digitalised business is all about your business processes and how the IT systems can fulfil them.
Looking at development from a process-driven perspective is a means to better align IT systems with business processes as well as unlock process innovations that create competitive advantage. In the process-driven approach, the business processes are the leading variable that IT systems must serve, not the other way around.
Process-driven development can be applied whether you’re building a new service into your process, or when you have a legacy state of existing infrastructure combined from multiple systems and applications. It involves capturing the business processes and automating them.
Why choose Process-driven Development?
- Digital solutions won’t limit processes or service innovations
- No dependency on any single product or component – any part can be easily changed
- Coding can be minimised
- Processes models are self-sustainable, and there’s no need for separate documentation explaining how the system works
- Process models are easily understandable between business and developers
- Real-time and historical views of the process states enable continuous development of the business
- Products and components can be selected with the best-of-the-breed approach
- Existing infrastructure can be refactored piece-by-piece towards a process and micro-service oriented architecture
How Finnish telco Moi reshaped the future of mobile operators
Mobile operator startup Moi wants to completely reshape the way mobile operators work in Finland. That is not easy, since unlike in other parts of Western Europe, Finland’s mobile operator network market has traditionally been protected.
2020-08-20 Blog Jarmo Suoranta
Building the Postmodern ERP
ERP systems have been the heart of companies since the rise of the digital era. Like the human heart, the ERP should be active at all times, pushing freshly oxidised blood throughout the body and keeping the machine running smoothly.